AHSP aims to create more than ad hoc collaboration between the industry, the University and NHS Tayside. The objective is to create novel, dynamic, evolving and strategically-guided partnerships that will promote high-quality education, training, research, product development and ultimately improved patient care. To help achieve this AHSP will work to promote an understanding amongst University and NHS staff of the challenges facing industry. This will create an environment focussed on the most important questions and for dialogue centred on possible solutions.
AHSP, in partnership with professional business support services from across the University, NHS Tayside and beyond, offers the following types of support in pursuit of collaboration with industry:
- a single point of contact for collaboration involving both the University and NHS Tayside, bringing together academic, research and clinical staff;
- advice and support for the establishment of new strategic projects, collaborations and partnerships locally, nationally and internationally;
- identification and establishment of links with additional collaborators and stakeholders in support of project objectives and help with forging effective networks;
- identification and help with leveraging third party funding to support collaborative projects with industry, including, for example, from the European Commission;
- preparation of business plans in support of collaborative projects and partnerships;
- supporting staff and student exchange with industry for the purposes of relationship building, knowledge exchange and identifying collaborative opportunities.
One of the most important goals of AHSP is to further develop and maintain an environment where industry finds it easy to establish collaborative partnerships with both the University and NHS Tayside.
Graeme Findlay – Director of Strategic Development/NHS Tayside Honorary Associate Director of the Academic Health Science Partnership in Tayside
- Phone: 01382 383469
- Email: email@example.com
Angela Duncan – AHSP Business Projects Lead
- Phone: 01382 383403
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org